Grade 6, Lower Intermediate
Students will listen, speak, read, and write in English for information and understanding.
1. Identify and use reading and listening strategies to make text comprehensible and meaningful.
12. Convey information and ideas through spoken language, using
conventions and features of American Englihs appropriate to audience
Statements of Learning Outcomes:
- SWBAT talk about a handful of different ocean animals in greater detail.
- SWBAT listen for meaning and enjoyment.
- SWBAT show their understanding of the text in an information gap activity.
Cultural aspect of the lesson:
Students will be asked to talk about how the ocean did/did not play into their home culture.
As an extension, students will also be asked to discuss A House for
Hermit Crab with their family members to find out if there are any
similar stories in their culture.